Tuesday, July 5, 2011

freedom and self-determination

When I was at Pacific Oaks in perhaps 1984 or 1983, I read books by Thurow with Stan, I think his name was, and George Will and others but cannot remember the classes except for a class on education and Learning and Teaching Peace-Making which Caryl and I both took. I remember that a man in the class and I had freedom and self-determination as values we espoused above quality of life, reverance for life, and a few others. There were six values I think. Now, I don't know what I think except that attitudes have not improved very much towards disabled folk. I may be intelligent, and impressive, but what do I have to show for it? I love to sing, and love to encourage people, and work as a team. I had good conversations today, and wished my long-time friend (we have known each other since I was in sixth grade) a happy 58th birthday. I need to get on with things, but just do not know how. Koraling Lynne

No comments: