Sunday, September 25, 2011

Letting go

What would the world be like if we did not judge, blame, and we shared the resources? What would the world be like if we explored, asked questions, reflected? Am I, as a blind person, Jew, (because Jews are but 2% of the world's population) and blind people even less, and the spiritual school of which I belong also a miniscule nonautomated person. I don't know for sure, but I feel better when I think of myself as an anomaly, and differentiated from everyone else, and unique qualities. Koraling Lynne I want to let go, not be in control. I want to see the good in people, as Anne Frank said, not the "evil" or even think in dichotomous ways. As I reflect, as the High Holidays come upon us yet again, what is there to say? When will we stand up for the rights of everyone? Older people, as I am becoming, what is our contribution and worth to the world? I've been planning and working on several things, and again, some days are better than others. I have better days and not so much and I finished some of the documents for being a volunteer for the VA Health Center, and realized that the wife of the EEO Manager is the travel partner for the travel show on the radio on comercial radio. I also realized I knew the mother of NFBPARENTS because a good friend had told me about the daughter with cancer, and she sang at the 20 anniversary of Alaska Independent Blind, but therewas no parent group then. Hmm. I did not realize that until this morning. Can we get beyond perceived differences and realize our common humanity? Can we realize our similarities as seeking, wondering, loving, caring human beings on this planet? I hope so. One friend is moving to Scotsdale, Arizona just like that. She already found a place there. We found out that someone on our board we met in about 1994 or maybe 1993 has terminal cancer, a friend of my husband just died of cancer, and so it goes. Change is in the air. Koraling Lynne

No comments: