Friday, February 24, 2012

the bitter and the sweet

Okay, maybe I can post now. I could not a few days ago. This title refers to the Tuesday I was trying to write this, and maybe it will be rendered public now. I am in Washington D.C. for a legislative seminar. Tuesday, I was just about ready to get on to the paratransit (door to door or curb to curb service) and I checked e-mail one more time, and learned that Frances Gertrude Goldberg Koral died at about 85 on Sunday. I was devastated, cried and phoned dad right away. My first cousin's wife was so warm, inviting, engaging, real, tender, welcoming, accepting, interested , loved me, and was involved with Civil Rights, never ignored me. I cried on the bus, at physical therapy, and later in the peer counseling meeting. I wrote ten cultural competency items, and I was walking to the bathroom and Victoria and I were going back to my cubicle and ran into Diane DiSanto and both of us said: "What are you doing here?" She was with Marcia Devoe. PayPal also phoned me to say the account had been resolved with BITS. Please, God, I hope this will post. Koraling Lynne

No comments: