Sunday, February 19, 2012

Movies

Two weeks ago, we saw a movie called "A Dangerous Method" about Freud and Jung. It was sad, because at the end they showed a woman who was shot in Russia with her two daughters in Russia because she was Jewish. She was one of Jung's mistresses. I did not realize that Jung was alive until 1961. He believed in dreams, which I knew, but also paranormal experiences and actually had a dream about World War I, and this was in 1912. Freud died in 1939. They seemed to justify their sexual liaisons and urges. Quite an interesting movie. Another movie I saw a while ago The Descendants had great Hawaiian music, and had a bit of "Through the Wormhole" or "Ancient Aliens" which was interesting. We never got to see J. Edgar Hoover. I did see "I am" a great documentary which had me crying and thinking wide-eyed about how the heart cells are more important than the brain for discerning things. We must open our minds to new ways of thinking and feeling, instead of being deterministic. That is why chaos theory is so interesting. You can read Wheatley about chaos theory, which I read about in Public Administration courses. What people are discovering now is so interesting. Koraling Lynne

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have fun on your trip!