Monday, August 8, 2011

unemployment

The unemployment statistics have worsened for disabled people. What do I do for myself? I don't know. I want to coach people into feeling better, just as I wish I was being coached right now. I think that would help others, and lift them up and out. We are a collective, and not individuals. The Disability Technical Assistance Center sent an item to one of the board members of the American Council of the Blind and it said that unemployment and under-employment had worsened. We need to get a better ahndle on it. If it is not attitudes, then what is it? David said yesterday that it is lack of preparation, and that many people need rehabilitation and that older people need habilitation, or skills training. That's enough for now. So, let's discuss this. There must be better ways to improve our skills and prepare us for work. Koraling Lynne

No comments: