Friday, April 29, 2011

Sweet Dreams

I just found out that my dad has to go into a sleep clinic. Why do so many people get diagnosed with sleep apnea? What could be causing that? He says he gets very tired. In the course of our conversation, he said my twin brother, Steven, who is brain-damaged and lives in a nursing home, and I had a "butler" (no, not a real one) but a table with two adjoining chairs. We would throw food at each other at two months. I was dad's baby to bottle-feed, and Steven was mom's to feed. How did they know the different cries? In the middle of the night, they had to figure it out, and it was "That's your baby." and by the cry they would get up and feed us. I had never heard that before. I told him I was writing about some childhood experiences, butdid not know about that. Koraling Lynne

No comments: