Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Not Far from the Tree

My son is so beautiful. He helps me think through things. He says I have a first-hand knowledge of disability. I do, but not from a "for sales sign" on me. I want others to be successful, and applaud this young man for grabbing on to the kie and flying. As my son said, he capitalized on his opportunities. I cultivate people's passions, and we were speaking about education. I said that people should be shown early how to cultivate their unique skills, and as SueEllen intoned we are all unique. He said I should look at Bryan Tracy (not sure how he spells his name) and read books on personal development somewhat like the "human potential" movement in the 1980's. Remember that, blog fans and family? I agree that finding people's hidden talents, their self-talk or self-thought and finding their own individual paths and kites that fly, and of course how people sabotage themselves. My disappointment is palpable sometimes, but if we are the "biology of belief" (sorry Bruce Lipton) who I heard on line last week, and is so prescient or so "forward-thinking" about cellular biology, and with ahppiness, we can change it. Cellular biology is a field people should nknow more about. Being unhappy makes people's body formulate illnesses also. When people have tragic or sympathetic situations, they can parley that and gain from the pathos of that story. People love come-back stories. It is my love for people that is so high that I fall hard every time I am beset with disappointment. We all want tand need to be noticed, at least many of us want to be noticed and recognized for our accomplishments. My friend Anna, who I knew in high school, said I was good at poetry/writing, and being a musician. I played piano, violin and some guitar. Thanks to the Lighthouse Music School. We would harmonize in their cloak room when we were in our teens to Wrighteous Brothers (Bill Medley) songs "You are my soul and my heart's inspiration." I started to write something called "The Lighthouse Pace." analogous to "Peyton Place" that was popular at the time. I wrote about how we thought and what we talked about, but don't know where that is now. It would be interesting to read. (Sigh). We loved to sing and harmonize, and Caryn and I were best friends and we played "water leap-frog in the pool and called the counselor "Beasty Bill." Okay, I've gone far afield. The "Lighthouse" was really "The New York Association of the Blind" Koraling Lynne But back to my son, he believes in people, and has a real sense of things. He is reflective just like his mother.

No comments: