Sunday, May 8, 2011

Young Reflections and Recollections

I went to nursery school, but not kindergarten. I went to to the Jewish Guild for the Blind Nursery school. Hmm. I went to P.S. 179 Junior High 194 Grover Cleveland High School in Ridgewood Queens, New York. Junior High School 194 was in Whitestone. I cannot remember what part of the borough P.S. 179 was. Hmm. Was it in Fresh Meadows? Anyway, I had autograph books, and friends in the neighborhood, etc. I got my first records were the Marvelettes "Please Mr. Postman" which the Beatles covered later. Lee Dorsey was the other record I got as a 45 RPM (revolutions per minute) which were the first records (not any more even used, nor 33 RPM with the folk records and Beatles' records, Hermans's Hermits, etc. My friend Sylvia was impressed that I went to Leonard Bernstein Young People's Concerts when I was 13 because I wrote about it in my diary. I don't have that stuff any more, I don't think. Anyway, I read "All-of-a Kind family" and "Cheaper by the Dozen" I think my cousin Susan read that to me as well as William Saroyan maybe not spelled right. I remember that girls were reading Nancy Drew and candy striper books, and the Beatles had our excitement when we were teens. "Star Trek," "Time Tunnel" "The Smother's Brothers" "Car 54 where are you" and "That Was the Week That Was" well, enough for no. Koraling Lynne

No comments: